Wednesday 21 July 2010

Yachtmaster

Hi all,

Busy few days since I wrote last, and an exciting few days too!

Last Tuesday I sat my Yachtmaster practical down on the south coast and I’m very pleased to say I passed no problem. It was a great day spent going over all different sorts of different technical things and also a load of navigation. We weren’t able to post off the application that day though as I had forgotten to bring a passport photo with me. I popped one in the post on Thursday so that was all in hand.

One other thing I had to do for me to get my Yachtmaster was to show a first aid certificate which meant going on a one day course once again down on the south coast as there were no local places which did the course. I got up super bright and early and drove down there for 9am. Once down there, I found the course really interesting and was surprised just how much the protocol for cpr has changed... yet again.

On Thursday I did a talk at Chalfont St Peters Primary School in Rickmansworth. I visited this school almost two years ago and talked about my trip across the Atlantic ocean when I was 14 years old. It was fantastic to go back and meet all the kids again. They’re such a good bunch and were all really interactive which was fantastic.





Things are hotting up here and I’m really looking forward to the launch of my project this Friday which is very exciting! Still can’t say what it is yet but it’s something very new and very very exciting! I’ll be updating this nice and soon with the announcement!

Mike

5 comments:

  1. You were down south and didn't come and say "hi", tut tut. :P I want to do a first aid course, found a place locally for it which was recommended by the local search and rescue (which I would like to join). You look like your usual relaxed self in those school talks, must be a natural, which I was a school kid so I could hear them.

    Looks like I will have to log in tomorrow and find out whats planned next. Must be something big with all the training you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time at the school.
    Those photo's are terrific. Hoo Roo ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike...I'm still here.
    I'm waiting on the edge of my seat here, for Friday's announcement.

    Read your Mom's post on Timo's forum on Thurs. Sounds like her new job is going well. I'm chuffed about that. I wished them a great time on their holiday next week...it will be a nice relaxing time for them what with all the things going on with you and Fiona lately.
    Cheers mate.

    Dan near Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, it's 8pm Friday over here in NZ, so surely you can share with us now!

    Cheers
    Aunty Cath (W)

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day dear Mike,
    What a beautiful kewl design for your new blog.
    We like it; it looks very professional
    and that fits just right for all of your skills and challenges.
    We continue to follow you in everything you do
    and are proud of everything you've already reached,and sure we support you in everything for the future.
    We are always there when you or your family need us.
    Bye Bye for now and see you everywhere, anywhere whatsoever .....
    Timo and Richelle

    ReplyDelete