Sunday 25 July 2010

Flying Lesson 5

Hi all,

Today I flew out of Denham aerodrome as the runway at Cabair was having some repairs done to it which has ceased all flying operations from there for a few days.

I hopped into the car in the morning and after banging on the radio there was an immediate traffic report saying that the M25 motorway was totally jam packed! Bummer, I thought to myself and so off I went on the nice and windy long route through all the back roads.

I arrived at the aerodrome, drove up to what I thought was where Cabair was based and no, this is where all the Helicopters were. I got out, looked around and at the other side of the field, there they were! I drove back round and met up with Liam once again.

We soon were out in the plane and taking off and I was as thrilled as ever to once again be up in the air. Today the sky was blue as far as the eye could see. This lesson we were covering banking whilst maintaining a steady height and balance of the aircraft. It was fantastic to continually put the aircraft into 30degree banks and look out below and see everything we were passing over! I learnt a huge amount in this lesson and I’m really enjoying it!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment