Saturday 31 July 2010

Sydney Boat Show

Hi all,

Well I¹m here in Sydney and loving it! I¹ve now fully adjusted to the Jet lag and am really enjoying not being in a daze all day!

The talks at the boat show have been going very well and I¹m really enjoying talking to the guys in the audience and telling them all about my experiences that I¹ve had. In these presentations I¹ve also included quite a few humorous video clips and everyone seems to find them pretty hilarious which is good to know.

After every talk I¹m also doing signings at the “ boat books stand” which is right next to the main stage. It¹s really touching to hear people come up and talk about my trip. If anyone is around pop by and I¹d be happy to have a chat.

Today I had a great time and even had some fun with Justin and James www.crossingtheditch.com.au

After the boat show I¹m nice and busy and I¹ll be soon heading north into warmer waters, helping sail a catamaran up the coast to the Whitsunday¹s, but I¹ll talk about that more later.

Mike

3 comments:

  1. hey
    i loved ur talk at the boat show on Thursday!
    I'm sorry ur presentation didn't work but i'm amazed by how well u got up on stage & ad-lived!!!
    Thanks so much for signing my book!!
    have a great time in oz!
    kyanah
    (i was in a fluro green roxy hodie!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'Day Mike,
    It was great having a quick chat and thanks for signing the book out of your usual timeslot.
    Your talk was indeed an upbeat performance and I'm glad I got to see it and say Hi.
    When you did those school talks, back in the 'Old Dart,' I bet those kids clung onto every word. It sure sounded like you had an extremely fast ride circum-navigating the globe. ☺☺☺ Hoo Roo ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you truly did a great job at the Sydney Boat Show Mike. Two presentations daily is a long haul, and your enthusiasm never waned once. Love the pic of you and Jess and J&J. Adventurers are a fun bunch. Happy sailing!
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete