Tuesday 27 July 2010

Off to Sydney

Hi all,

Believe it or not, I’m currently writing this whilst sitting in Dubai airport waiting to board my flight down to Sydney! I’m flying out there for a few weeks and it’s shaping up to be a really busy visit with lots organized.

The main reason I’m flying out is because I’ve been asked to speak at the Sydney International Boat Show, which sounds like it’s going to be a really good fun event with loads happening! The show is from the 28th July to the 2nd August and I’m speaking twice a day up on the main stage, which I’m really looking forward too. Last week I spent an evening putting together a great presentation with a few short video clips added in and it looks really professional which I’m chuffed about. After the show, I’m going to be doing a fair bit of sailing, but I’ll tell you about that later.

As you will be able to see, my blogs from my flying lessons have all gone up in a short amount of time. I started my flying lessons before the official launch and so below are the diary entries I wrote after each flight. Hope you enjoy all the reading!

I’m sure not looking forward to the jetlag that will no doubt hit me tomorrow, but ah well, it’s so worth it!

Mike

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully I'll see your presentation on the Friday of the Boat show.
    Pity that 'the bounty boat' won't be there until it's all over. I suppose dinner with Don and company will be on the agenda.
    I hope the weather is kind for your sailing.
    I better buy your book as well as Jessica's, Hoo Roo ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yet more thrilling adventures !
    Thank you for updating so avidly.
    It must have felt really strange to have been back as a passenger in a big jet, and know so much more about what's going on up front...brilliant.
    Wishing you well in Oz; may your public speaking be as inspired, honest and 'worth-listening-to' as your blog always is to read.
    Try not to criticise yourself too much matey, it's good to observe your learning processes and thereby enrich each one even more, but if the expert says you're good......then you're good !
    Please remind Don, Jesse and Jessica that they still have a following out here in cyberspace too, if you see them, and have yourself an amazing time.
    Best wishes---Sam (Mex/UK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we'll have to call you Biggles now! :)
    (ask and "oldie" they'll know who Biggles is!) :)

    Welcome back to Oz, Mike. I hope you enjoy your visit and I'm sure the boat show presentation will go off very successfully. Good luck with it!

    Wishing you all the best in your new adventure/quest. So great to see the youth of the world out there achieving amazing things.

    Cheers ... Soldier's Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing, just amazing. Cant believe how well you are doing (and what you are doing still hasn't sunk in yet, you only learnt to drive last year!). Good luck with the talks, have fun :)

    ReplyDelete