Sunday 8 August 2010

Laughter and Laughing

Hi all,

It been a fun week since the Sydney Boat Show. I spent the first couple of days in Sydney. Initially, I was due to move Jess’s boat around to another marina but as it was blowing pretty seriously, I decided to do it on Wednesday instead. As my day was freed up, I was able to spend a good chunk of time with Chris Wilde from the Talisker Bounty Boat crew.  It was awesome to get to know him quite a bit better and hear lots more about the trip in detail from his point of view, which was really interesting.

On Wednesday morning as the wind was quite a bit lighter, Don and I moved Jess’s boat around to a marina in the harbour as it can’t stay at the boat show permanently! It was good fun having just me and Don onboard and brought back funny memories of when Jess, Don and I went for a sail off Mooloolaba in the boat before any of Jess's preparations really kicked off.

I hopped on a plane later in the evening and flew to Melbourne where I am now. I’m here joining Jess on just a small part of her book tour. Jess’s sister is here too and we’re all continuously having a great laugh. In fact on some of the long car journeys, we talk such ridiculous stuff, I think the driver just wants to build a wall between us three and him!

Yesterday evening we caught up with Jesse Martin and his family which was really great and we all couldn’t stop laughing at some points. They’re a really great and friendly bunch! Later on, some of his mates came round and then we had even more fun!

Today I’m flying up to Brisbane via a quick stop in Sydney. Then tomorrow morning, I’m jumping on Bruce’s catamaran and then sailing up the coast for 10 days!  We are going to take part in Hamilton Island race week.

I’ll send some pictures and updates whilst at sea.

Mike

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,
    Don't let Jessica, if she's there as well, anywhere near the bow in those races up there. I'm pretty sure one of them involves having a female figurehead.
    Anyhoo it seems like you'll have a fun time.
    ☺☺☺ Hoo Roo ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,
    It sounds like you are having a great time here.
    Any chance of getting to the Gold Coast, when Jessica has her book signing?
    Cheers
    Beth

    ReplyDelete