Sunday 6 March 2011

Getting my head down

Today I was out sailing in some beautiful conditions: 27degrees and 15kts of wind. Sure a little more wind would have been nice, but they were definitely verging on champagne sailing conditions. Just beautiful!

Usually I start a blog saying that I’ve been super busy recently, but to be honest, these last few weeks I’ve been working pretty hard at university being a pretty normal student getting my head down and getting assignments in before the hand in date.

I’ve really been loving university, and recently I’ve been learning a huge amount about editing television programs. It’s not too technically difficult to slot the pieces of vision together, but it is difficult to work out how to fit everything together so that it flows immaculately. A skill I’m learning day by day.

I’m currently out in Australia having some fun and working on putting a few things in place here and there.

Excitingly, there will be a big announcement on Thursday the 10th regarding another project that I’ll be taking part in later this year. It’s something totally new and, totally separate to Flying Around the World which is still definitely going ahead, but now most likely to be during late summer 2012 due to me running out of time to fly this year!

Mike

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,
    It must be great to be out sailing in warm conditions. All you had to do was fly to the other side of the Earth! The new project with Jess sounds intriguing. ????

    Richard in Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Another project, sounds exciting. Good to hear that your enjoying yourself... you know your missing all the fun back here in england. We have got a heatwave at the moment, sun is out all the time and the government have said that everyone should have the week off... Ok, so maybe some of that isn't true... or any of it. But we did have a sunny day yesterday and it did get to 15 degrees, so I think thats heatwave standards for this time of year. Feel free to bring some of that sunshine back with you when you come back.

    Will have to check on here tomorrow and see what else your up to.

    have fun xx

    ReplyDelete