Friday 31 December 2010

Happy New Year

I know it’s been a little while since my last update and I am truly sorry about that. I will make it one of my main New Year's resolutions to update this a lot more frequently.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you all had as lovely a Christmas as I did here at home with my family. Looking back it does always make me chuckle just how many Christmas’s I have missed in the past because I’ve been sailing or just abroad in another country.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get into the air since I did my first solo. The lesson that I had booked just a few days after that solo lesson turned out interesting… I dutifully turned up and within half an hour of arriving, there was a complete white out snow storm! As you can imagine, that airtime was swiftly canned until the snow cleared.

Didn’t the snow stay around though! For those of you who are reading this from abroad, we’ve had dumping after dumping of the white stuff, eventually leading up to a white Christmas which was very pretty. The runway was of course shut and so hence I haven’t flown since. I am hoping to get up in the air pretty soon after the New Year though.

Yesterday evening I saw a brilliantly performed 'Sleeping Beauty' pantomime at our local theatre with all my family (aunts, uncles, cousins etc) and it was lovely to be able to catch up with them all. I can’t remember the last time I went to a panto and with so many laughs in the script, I really did have a great time.

Wishing everyone a very happy New Year,

Mike

5 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas and happy new year mike!
    Love and hugs to you and your family
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new Year Mike,
    This all sounds a bit like the movie love actually actually :-)
    ☺☺☺ Toodle Pip ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and all your family a very happy and successful New Year!
    God bless!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I will make it one of my main New Year's resolutions to update this a lot more frequently."

    lol, really?

    ReplyDelete