Friday 26 November 2010

Lost in Paris

Hi all,

I’m currently writing this from Dijon as excitingly I’m at the Dijon International Adventure Film Festival where my film has been entered. It was screened yesterday afternoon and wow was it amazing to see the film blown up on a huge cinema screen. I’m talking IMAX size! The film is the French version which has been slightly shortened and dubbed. I didn’t know I spoke such good French!



I took an early flight out of Southampton on Wednesday morning as this was the only one available and so I had all day to spend in Paris exploring before I caught my train to Dijon later in the evening. I took a train into the city from the airport and I changed onto another line to try and work my way to the river. However, typical me, I boarded the completely wrong train and it took me in a completely different direction on a different line to the one I thought I was boarding. I promptly jumped off at the next station, sneakily worked my way back to the other side of the station and headed back to the previous station and tried to figure out once again how on earth to get to where I wanted to go.

I eventually ended up at Gare du Lyon (one of the major station's in France) and boarded another train to head off to the Louvre as I really wanted to visit the place. The last few times I’ve been in Paris I haven’t been able to due to lack of time, so this time I made sure I’d get to see what’s inside.

I was amazed, firstly by the architecture of the whole place. Truly astounding! The artwork was pretty amazing too. I just wish I knew what half of it was or what it represented. I also spent a good chunk of time sitting on a seriously comfortable sofa reading another adventure novel (a little addiction I have) looking over this grand room that was being refurbished by the look of it.

I later jumped on the train to Dijon, fell promptly asleep and woke up, firstly thanks to the ticket inspector and secondly thanks to the train slowing down for the station. That was handy!

I’m really enjoying myself here, and I’m also remembering a lot of the French language that I had forgotten since I was last here. Thank you to all the guys at the festival for looking after me during my stay here!

Mike

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your land navigation is the worst of your three !
    So, how long before you're flying yourself into future festival venues ?
    Sounds like you're having a blast Mike; am so chuffed for you !
    continued blessings from Sahaja in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought that was just a cliche ☺

    Great to hear about your foray into Dijon. It sounds like you're racking up heaps of frequent flyer points.
    Excellent snapshot by the way, Hoo roo ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost in Paris? No, you were just exploring, right? ;)

    I think it should read: ‘An Adventurer in Paris”

    Great to hear your film has made the Festival.

    ReplyDelete