Monday 6 September 2010

Bye to Australia

Hi all,

To be honest, I can barely describe just how much fun the last few weeks have been! Sailing at Hamilton Island race week and then sailing at Airlie’s multihull regatta. Two fantastic weeks of really competitive on the water fun.

On the last day of racing at Airlie after the sailing and once we’d berthed, this guy came over in his dinghy and was like “ah guys that was so impressive when you were flying a hull under kite earlier”. We all responded with a “did we seriously?!” Looking back I do remember it being quite smooth on the helm at that moment!

I’m typing this whilst on the plane flying back from Dubai to London. I’m certainly in a real need of some sleep but it’s only 4 in the afternoon London time. I’m going to hold out as long as possible to help readjust to the time zone! It’s still nowhere near as bad as flying to Sydney though because at least this way I gain 9 hours or so.

I’m really looking forward to cracking on more with my flying nice and soon. I’m very excited as I’ve got quite a lot of lessons booked for the next few weeks which should be really awesome! I can’t wait to go solo!

Lastly I can’t say bye to Australia without saying thanks to everyone who has helped me out during my stay, from Dom at the Sydney Boat show to the girls from Hachette, to the great people who helped with our accommodation at Hamilton Island, to Frase and also to Bruce, Suzanne and Steve for some great multihull racing!

Mike

3 comments:

  1. Goodonya Mike!
    Thanks for signing my book and good luck with your flying adventures.
    ☺☺☺ Hoo Roo ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally just told all my friends about your website! They all want to read your sailing book. We are excited to hear how the flying lessons are going/coming.
    Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    It was great having you at the Sydney International Boat Show this year. The feedback we have had about your talks and chats with the public have been great.

    I also hear that you made many kids happy (whilst working with Justin & James from Crossing the Ditch( teaching them how to wear their lifejackts correctly.

    We hope to have you back at the Sydney Show again.

    Cheers,

    Domenic

    ReplyDelete